Just released – RAIDiator 4.1.5
April 11, 2009
NETGEAR is pleased to announce the release of RAIDiator 4.1.5, an update firmware for the ReadyNAS NV+, NV, Duo, 1100, X6, and 600 (see Limitations). We urge that you update to the latest firmware to take advantage of newly added features and bug fixes. The simplest way to update is to use the System/Update/Remote tab in Frontview. If you prefer, you can choose to do a local update by first downloading the new image here: RAIDiator-4.1.5. Please do keep in mind that once you upgrade from RAIDiator 3.x or earlier, you will not be able to revert back to anything prior to RAIDiator 4 without reformatting your ReadyNAS.
The following are changes since RAIDiator 4.1.4.
- ReadyNAS Vault option has been added in this release. With ReadyNAS Vault, you can back up specified folders on your ReadyNAS to an online data center in a matter of clicks. The option appears in the Backup page, and more info and a quick how-to and be found here.
- Time Machine support for Mac users just got a whole lot easier. The ReadyNAS can now be set up for Time Machine in a matter of a couple minutes. The option is available in the Backup/Time Machine tab. Follow the simple instructions here.
- FrontView Backup Manager now has treeview for selecting local share folders.
- ReadyNAS Duo now has DHCP Server, WINS Server, and Network UPS support.
- ReadyDLNA replaces the existing UPnP-AV server support, providing excellent compatibility with DLNA devices, including the latest TVs with built-in DLNA client.
- TiVo HMO (Home Media Option) support. TiVo HMO support allows TiVo to stream music and photos straight from the ReadyNAS. This option is available through ReadyDLNA.
- Added an option to specify the NFS thread count.
- Added TLS option for SMTP setting.
- Simplified Domain/Active Directory setup.
- Fixed rarely seen bug where the backup manager could not connect to remote CIFS shares on some older systems.
- Fixed guest access for AFP in user-based security modes.
- Fixed power timer support on newer Duo systems.
- Fixed support for all WD Green Power drives on the compatibility list.
- Truncate backup logs.
- Fixed slowness with ReadyNAS Photos.
- Fixed notification of alert test failure.
- Fixed quota violation alerts to domain users.
- This release will not work with ReadyNAS 600 Rev A due to the size of the update image. When installing on this system, the update will fail but the previous firmware will still be functional. The update image size will be reduced for the next release to maintain compatibility with the ReadyNAS 600 Rev A. Please note that this firmware will work fine with the ReadyNAS 600 Rev B.
- Password recovery will not work after the upgrade based on the recovery question, answer, and email address you had entered previously. To ensure password recovery will work, go to the Security→Admin Password page in FrontView and re-enter the info on that page.