Just released – RAIDiator 4.2.15 (x86)
October 15, 2010
NETGEAR is pleased to announce the release of RAIDiator 4.2.15 (x86), the latest firmware for the ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition, Pro Pioneer, NVX, NVX Pioneer, 2100, 3100, 3200, 4200, Ultra 4, and Ultra 6 network attached storage product lines.
The simplest way to update is to use the System/Update/Remote tab in Frontview. If you prefer, you can choose to do a local update by first downloading the new image here: RAIDiator-x86-4.2.15. We recommend that you update your ReadyNAS to this latest RAIDiator release to ensure your ReadyNAS is running with all the latest bug fixes and enhancements.
This release addresses a problem that can cause a drive on the ReadyNAS 3200 and 4200 platforms to hang, causing a failure condition; we urge you to apply this update to avoid encountering this condition. It also addresses some ReadyTiVO functionality fixes.
The following are changes since RAIDiator 4.2.13.
New features and enhancements
- Updated ReadyNAS Remote to v184.108.40.206.
- Enhanced TiVo support with the following:
- Download from each TiVo box concurrently.
- Don’t use the date/time in the absense of an episode title if the show is not part of a series.
- Handle TiVos with a large number of recordings (>128).
- In a case with multiple TiVos with some done and some still archiving, make sure the idle TiVos don’t miss the next archive interval.
- If you have two different shows with exactly the same show name, episode number, and episode title, use a different filename for archival instead of overwriting the existing one.
- Localize timestamps, so you see the local time of a recording, instead of GMT.
- Skip non-TiVos (TiVo Desktop) during the discovery process.
- Request at most 50 items at a time like TiVo Desktop, to prevent certain TiVos from freaking out and rebooting.
- Strip out all invalid Windows characters from file paths.
- Add flag file support for basic database dump/prune. This will allow people to tell ReadyDLNA to re-archive specified shows in the rare cases where this is needed.
- Fixed network dropout issues reported on the Pro, NVX, and Ultra series.
- Updated iSCSI service to prevent MPIO crashes.
- Support numeric hostnames for SMTP fields.
- Fixed fan/temperature control.
- Fixed issue where some users did not see HTTPS Shares listing.
- Fixed SMART error count reports.
- Fixed Pro CPU fan stops spinning on some systems.
- Disable default guest access to USB share over AFP. User login required for USB share access unless guest access is explicitly allowed via FrontView by admin. This change takes affect only for factory defaulted systems. Update systems will require admin to manually disable guest access for AFP.
- Various patches to ReadyTiVO functionality:
- With some DNS servers, MDNS queries can take 15 seconds to return with a name resolution failure status. Our TiVo connection timeout is currently 5 seconds, so ReadyTiVo can never authenticate in these environments.
- If a user has an episodic show with no episode title marked for archival, the archival process for that TiVo will stop there.
- In environments with multiple TiVos, there is a race condition which causes the database to appear corrupt, and no recordings will be archived until ReadyTiVo is restarted.
- Fixed issue where disks on 3200/4200 may be subjected to hang in some race conditions.
- Once you upgrade to this release, you cannot downgrade back to 4.2.5 or prior releases.
- IE 6 no longer supported. Please update to IE 7 or 8.
- Volume expansion will not work beyond 16 TB. To support 16 TB or greater, you’ll have to factory default with that capacity in place.
- Snapshot resizing has been disabled in the release. We will re-enable this feature in a future update.