ReadyNAS Remote for Android Setup Guide
ReadyNAS® Remote is designed for users who own a ReadyNAS network attached storage system. This application lets you access any file you have stored on your ReadyNAS storage devices while you’re on the go. Now, you can store, share and protect your data from your Android devices using Wi-Fi or 3G service.
Setup on the ReadyNAS
- Make sure you have the latest ReadyNAS Remote add-on installed, v22.214.171.124 or higher, and added a Remote user to the Allowed list.
- Make sure you have started the FTP service. For ease of access, leave the default settings and Authentication mode as “Anonymous“. If you would like to set User mode, you will have to specify a user in the Android application.
- For each share you want to access using the Android, you will need to enable FTP access.
Setup on the Android device
- To connect from the Android device, the first time you run the application, you will be prompted to set the Remote user you allowed access to above.
- After you connect, if you press ReadyNAS Remote, you will see the ReadyNAS units you have been granted Remote access.
- The first time you select your ReadyNAS, you will be asked to set FTP credentials. If you have set the defaults on the ReadyNAS as described above, you can just press Save.
- When you connect, you will see the folders you have enabled for FTP access.
Questions / Feedback
If you have any questions or feedback in regards to ReadyNAS Remote for Android devices, please visit our community forum, where one of our Remote experts will be glad to help out.