Tivo still not working

Please provide feedback on either our product, web site or this forum here.

Tivo still not working

Postby alexofindy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:30 pm

I hate to be a bit negative, but I think this is a real issue.

For well over a year, netgear has been marketing the readynas as being able to function as an archiving device for the Tivo DVR. This capability is still advertised on the front page of your web site.

For about a month and a half, it appears this capability has not functioned, apparently as a result of a change in the Tivo firmware. (Tivo firmware updates are automatically pushed to all Tivo DVR's; the end user has no control over this, and cannot prevent a Tivo firmware update from occurring). As best I can tell, the readynas will not archive from any current model Tivo (i.e., the Tivo Premiere series). It certainly will not from mine. The problem is described in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=59659

Now, this problem is not netgear's making; it is likely the culprit is a Tivo firmware upgrade. But since you have previously, and continue to advertise the Readynas as being Tivo compatible, I think you have an obligation to make changes to your own firmware (within reason, of course) to maintain compatibility as Tivo updates their firmware.

At the very least someone from readynas should respond to the above thread, indicating your plans.

Thanks!
alexofindy
ReadyNAS Expert

Re: Tivo still not working

Postby alexofindy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:55 am

Just by way of followup - Skywalker just posted a comment on the forum. Looks like there should be a fix soon. Thanks, folks!

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=59659&start=30#p340107
alexofindy
ReadyNAS Expert

Return to Feedback