What works in the DUO?

What works in the DUO?

Postby Braker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm

There doesn't seem to be a list of memory modules that are compatible with these appliances. Can anyone tell me what does work in the DUO?
Thanks!
Braker
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Re: What works in the DUO?

Postby mdgm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Only the stock 256MB module is supported. If you run into problems due to using a 3rd party memory module you will be denied support. 256MB RAM should be plenty.

Memory that works in the NV/NV+ most likely will work in the Duo as well.
mdgm
NETGEAR ReadyNAS Technical Expert

ReadyNAS: RN516

Postby InTheShires » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

There are loads of threads on here where people have listed their successful RAM upgrade and stated the make/model.

I used Crucial myself, but to be honest, mdgm is right 256 was enough. There was very little noticeable difference once I upgraded. Certain addons might have benefited from the increase, but file read/write really didn't improve at all/if any.
InTheShires
Advanced ReadyNAS Expert

ReadyNAS: Ultra

Postby jepp2 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm

I have 2 ReadyNas NV+ units. I have upgraded the memory in both with this memory:

Kingston ValueRAM 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Laptop Memory Model KVR333X64SC25/1G

It worked just fine. I ran multiple memory checks and the units are up and running for a few weeks with no problems. Did it make a difference? Seems to be quicker in Frontview. And per the NetGear documentation rsync is heavy on memory requirements and "may" require increasing the memory. I do use rsync for my backups. I bought my memory from NewEgg.
jepp2
ReadyNAS Newbie

Postby Edmundcramp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 pm

ReadyNas Duo - I installed PNY OPTIMA 1GB DDR 333 MHz PC2700 Notebook / Laptop SODIMM Memory Module MN1024SD1-333 ordered from Amazon for $29.99 and it works fine. It's improved the Squeezebox service quite a bit. There seem to be some noticeable improvements in Admin menu speed and file copy/open operations but it's not major. I wanted better squeezebox performance and it's been worth it for that.
--
From RFC 1925: "(3) With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead."
Edmundcramp
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Return to Memory