Working to setup a small business network for 6 employees (5 Windows XP laptops, 1 MacBook......no IT personnel). I have settled on the ReadyNAS NV+ as the central file server (we will not have a "traditional" server running Windows Server software....just the ReadyNAS).
I've researched each of the following but am posting to get any additional feedback/opinions I have missed:
1. Should I upgrade to the ReadyNAS or is the NV+ adequate?
2. (On our existing file server we have 400 GB of information that will be moved to the ReadyNAS at the start....that grows by 5 GB per month on average) I'm looking at a 3 *500 GB ReadyNAS drive configuration, will that be sufficient for the next 24 to 36 months?
3. Does the workstation backup software that comes with the ReadyNAS work well or should I look to purchase and use a different backup software (I've seen Acronis mentioned a few times in the forums)?
4. Can anyone recommend a solid UPS that works well with ReadyNAS?
5. Does anyone know of any conflicts running PGP Netshare with ReadyNAS (or Utimaco LanCrypt)?
6. Can Aladdin USB tokens be used with ReadyNAS security?
7. Either a SonicWall TZ-190 + SSL-200 VPN or SonicWall NS240 +SSL-200 VPN as our firewall setup....any experience/advice using these devices?
8. Any other things for a Non-IT person to consider with a simple setup like the one I've outlined above?
Thank you in advance for any feedback you can offer