Skifta Online Control Panel

The Skifta add-on allows you to shift your ReadyDLNA media from your ReadyNAS to a DLNA player (i.e. PS3, XBox 360, DLNA TV) at a remote location (family/friend's house).

Skifta Online Control Panel

Postby str4ybullet » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Hey all,
I don't know if any of you have the same problem as me but every time that I have reinstalled the Skifta service on the NAS it adds a permanent place to my Skifta control panel. Do any of you know how to get rid of places stored on the skifta control panel? My laptop was removed when I un installed Skifta but the NAS appends new places each time.

Thanks,
Josh
str4ybullet
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: NVX

Re: Skifta Online Control Panel

Postby allantimms » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:08 pm

This is a question I've been asked a few times now. Here's the response I posted last time as a PM:
Currently, due to the way in which the clients work, we've "left out" the ability to remove your own places. There are some technical reasons behind this in terms of how the clients communicate and what's possible with the limited UI on the client side.

For the moment, places can just stay on the list dormant, or for a limited number of you guys, I can do server-side removal - just pm me the username/placename

Neither is a particularly scalable approach to this, and the feature will be coming soon (alas, not with the next release of the website, which improves things greatly in many other areas).

Hope this helps.

Allan.
allantimms
ReadyNAS Skifta Expert

Re: Skifta Online Control Panel

Postby str4ybullet » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:00 pm

This does, thank you very much.
str4ybullet
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: NVX

Return to Skifta