Internal error when rotating a picture

Get answers to questions about ReadyNAS Photos II.

Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby adb » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:33 am

Internal Error! Please login again and report:

Method: rotatePhoto
FaultString: Undefined error returned by business logic implementation
FaultCode: Server
FaultDetail: <RNP2Error xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<RNP2ErrorCode>5104</RNP2ErrorCode>
<RNP2ErrorString>ODBC Error: Deadlock</RNP2ErrorString>
<RNP2DebugMessage>(null):-1</RNP2DebugMessage>
</RNP2Error>
adb
Advanced ReadyNAS User
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby minerva » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:21 am

Hello,

Let me know the program that you are using for rotating photos

Thanks,
-Minerva
minerva
ReadyNAS Photos Expert
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:35 pm
ReadyNAS: Duo

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby adb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

minerva wrote:Let me know the program that you are using for rotating photos

I am using ReadyNAS Photos II to rotate the photo.

Have I posted this in the wrong forum? I assumed this forum was for both Photos and PII versions.
adb
Advanced ReadyNAS User
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby yoh-dah » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Is this reproducible? I'm wondering if your session had expired and the error was due to that. Let me know if this is easily reproducible.
User avatar
yoh-dah
Jedi Council Alumni
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Borah-Borah
ReadyNAS: Pro

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby adb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:43 pm

yoh-dah wrote:Is this reproducible? I'm wondering if your session had expired and the error was due to that. Let me know if this is easily reproducible.

It was easily reproducible during the import phase. I've not been able to reproduce it once the import finished. It was fairly random, but occurred often.
Antony
adb
Advanced ReadyNAS User
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby yoh-dah » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 pm

adb wrote:
yoh-dah wrote:Is this reproducible? I'm wondering if your session had expired and the error was due to that. Let me know if this is easily reproducible.

It was easily reproducible during the import phase. I've not been able to reproduce it once the import finished. It was fairly random, but occurred often.
Antony

So this happened only when you were in the uploading stage?
User avatar
yoh-dah
Jedi Council Alumni
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Borah-Borah
ReadyNAS: Pro

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby adb » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:26 pm

yoh-dah wrote:So this happened only when you were in the uploading stage?

Yes, but I've not done extensive testing with it. The Deadlock error would seem to imply it's some kind of concurrency issue, which would make sense.
adb
Advanced ReadyNAS User
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby yoh-dah » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:33 am

adb wrote:
yoh-dah wrote:So this happened only when you were in the uploading stage?

Yes, but I've not done extensive testing with it. The Deadlock error would seem to imply it's some kind of concurrency issue, which would make sense.

OK, we've seen this every so often, but it's been hard to reproduce. We're hoping there's a way to reproduce this every time...
User avatar
yoh-dah
Jedi Council Alumni
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Borah-Borah
ReadyNAS: Pro

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby adb » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:51 pm

yoh-dah wrote:OK, we've seen this every so often, but it's been hard to reproduce. We're hoping there's a way to reproduce this every time...

When I imported the first 2200 photos (not UPLOAD), it happened very often when trying to access the album during the import process. The import took 3 hours and I was trying to do things for the first 20 minutes or so, but it was not useable because of the frequency of the error.
adb
Advanced ReadyNAS User
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby yoh-dah » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:30 am

Just for clarity, when you say "importing", you're importing from Photos I?
User avatar
yoh-dah
Jedi Council Alumni
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Borah-Borah
ReadyNAS: Pro

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby adb » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:41 pm

yoh-dah wrote:Just for clarity, when you say "importing", you're importing from Photos I?

No, I am using the button labelled "Prepare to import from this ReadyNAS" in the Photographer Menu tab accessed from the Installed Add ons, "Manage ReadyNAS Photos II" button in Frontview.
adb
Advanced ReadyNAS User
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Re: Internal error when rotating a picture

Postby yoh-dah » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm

adb wrote:
yoh-dah wrote:Just for clarity, when you say "importing", you're importing from Photos I?

No, I am using the button labelled "Prepare to import from this ReadyNAS" in the Photographer Menu tab accessed from the Installed Add ons, "Manage ReadyNAS Photos II" button in Frontview.

OK, thanks for the info. I think we understand what's going on.
User avatar
yoh-dah
Jedi Council Alumni
 
Posts: 13688
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Borah-Borah
ReadyNAS: Pro


Return to ReadyNAS Photos II



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests