I would like to connect my ReadyNAS Duo directly to my PC, but it is not working.
I have followed the instructions for doing so at the FAQ (faq.php#How_do_I_direct-connect_between_ReadyNAS_and_PC%2FMac%3F
The static IP is working.
When connected & powered up, the following occurs:
1) a "limited or no connectivity" message is displayed in the network connection icon in the task bar
2) RAIDar sees the unit, and shows 192.168.168.168 as the IP address
3) Clicking on the "browse" button in RAIDar results in a "\\192.168.168.168 The network path was not found" message
4) Clicking on the "locate" button in RAIDar results in a message saying the lights are blinking, but they do not blink on the unit.
5) Clicking on the "setup" button in RAIDar results in this message "The NAS device you selected is on a different subnet. To access this device, change your IP address to 192.168.168.x, click "rescan", and try again." - this doesn't seem right, my router says I can only have static IPs from 192.168.1.x where x is over some small number but not greater than 99.
Anyone seen this before, or just knows what is wrong?
A) CABLES: I don't know what the difference is between a straight or crossover Ethernet cable. The the two Ethernet cables I have give the same result above. I have "checked" the cables to see if they are good by direct connection between a PC & router (with wireless modem OFF), and both give the PC internet access (they work) in this configuarion. Of course, that means nothing if I don't have the right cable in the first place. These same cables also successfully connected the ReadyNAS directly to the router when I had it all hooked up like that.
B) CODE: The firmware and RAIDar are the latest versions (as of 11/10/2008)
Any help is appreciated!