I've factory defaulted so many times this weekend so you wouldn't believe....it never makes any difference stability-wise though.
Now I am back to 4.1.6 with MTU 1430 instead of 1500 and it seems to be semi-stable. Much better than anything I've ever seen since I went to the 4.1.7 betas at least, even though I still got a time-out when trying to restore 10 GB of data.
I have probably never had any real stability with my Netgear, as I've never uploaded this much data before. It seems to be stable enough for 1-2 GB on 4.1.6 and that's the most I've ever uploaded before attempting to actually fix the problems I've had. Funny though that not even direct cable makes any difference...
The ReadyNas is pretty much useless for me now. I can't get my files back anymore. It won't succeed in uploading/downloading anything larger than 1 GB, and I have a lot of files that's larger than that
Guy I appreciate this is an old thread but could some one offer up a solution, as I am encountering the same issues. I can not copy large files over to my Seagate expansions drive. I encounter the following error message
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (20551 bytes received so far) [generator] rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-40/rsync/io.c(452) [generator=2.6.9] rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (36 bytes received so far) [sender] rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-40/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]
I am running version 4.1.6. The error message I receive is the one I encounter when I run the command from the command line on my mac. If I plug in my seagate expansion in to my readynas and ssh on to my readynas I still encounter the same error but I believe that the version of rsync is 3. Something.
A quick update, I have updated my readynas to 4.1.7 however I believe that issue was down to that the external hard drive had been formatted to FAT32 and may have had a 4gb file limit. To over come this I have reformatted the drive as NTFS and have restarted my rsync script. Everything appears to be working fine now.