[SOLVED] Update: "Error connecting to remote server"

This forum will be deprecated soon. Please post issues pertaining to boot, installation, upgrade, and expansion in the appropriate forums above.

[SOLVED] Update: "Error connecting to remote server"

Postby roughrider » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:04 am

I wanted to check I had the latest Raidiator software running on my Duo, so I used the "check for update" button under System\Update in Frontview. I receive a small error message "Error connecting to remote server". Any advice - I can't find anywhere in the menus to see where it is trying to look, to go there myself etc? Thank you
Last edited by roughrider on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
roughrider
ReadyNAS Newbie

Re: Update: "Error connecting to remote server"

Postby Dooku » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Can you please tell me if the unit is set with a static ip or a dhcp ip address.
And as far as the firmware goes you should have the latest firmware already on there which is 4.01c1-p2
Dooku
Jedi Council Alumni

ReadyNAS: Duo

Postby roughrider » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I think this answers it

IP assignment: use values below
IP address: 192.168.1.64

It is version 4.01c1-p2[1.00a042] anyway

Hope this helps
roughrider
ReadyNAS Newbie

Postby chirpa » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Check if there are valid Gateway and DNS entries on the Network>Global Settings page. Without those, remote updates and email alerts will not work.

The latest version is currently 4.1.4. You can download and update it manually, info in this article: http://www.readynas.com/?p=599
chirpa
Jedi Council Alumni

ReadyNAS: Repertoire

Postby roughrider » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:07 am

Thank you, the Gateway looks "proper" I recognise it as somewhere in my local network, but all the DNS boxes are empty except the bottom one, Domain Name, that says "lan". I am going to look some up on the internet and try it, will report back.
roughrider
ReadyNAS Newbie

Postby roughrider » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:21 am

Woo hoo it worked - and I had 4.04 so I'm about to get 4.14. Once I have sorted out my lost file (another thread......)

If anyone else ever reads htis, go to your ISP website and in help ask for DNS or Domain Name Server. In mine, tiscali, it offers 7 threads, one is how to setup your netgear router - whatever, all you need are the numbers. For tiscali they are for Primary DNS 212.74.112.66 and for Secondary DNS 212.74.112.67. You can probably use these whoever you are tbh

Anyway, again, thanks for the support I've always got the answers I needed on this forum. :D
roughrider
ReadyNAS Newbie

Return to General Issues with Boot, Installation, Upgrade, and Expansion