I am running a Dell 1745 Laptop using Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit). Have issues regardless of whether I use wireless or wired connection.
0) Updated to Windows Vista SP1? SP1 contains a number of network changes that improved overall throughput with the ReadyNAS.
1) Tried changing MTU on ReadyNAS and laptop to 1492? Instructions on how to change Vista MTU at http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/vistaMTU.htm
. A couple users had success keeping the ReadyNAS MTU at 1500 and switching Vista MTU to 1460.
No effect. Though it did seem to speed up for about 5-10 minutes than went back to it's turtle self.
2) What model of Wireless Router and firmware is being used?
WRT54GS using Firmware v1.52.0
3) What Wireless Card model and firmware being used?
Wired connection still has problem
4) What connection speed are you seeing for Wireless Adapter (i.e. 54 Mbps)?
5) What's the connection speed between ReadyNAS to Router (10/100/1000 Mbps) -- you can see this in FrontView's Network page.
100 Full Duplex
6) What's the throughput from Windows XP to ReadyNAS and Vista to ReadyNAS? Both Machines at or near same location?
Both machines are in close proximity.
7) Whats the throughput from Windows XP to Vista?
Does disabling firewall help? One user reported problem solved by disabling Symantec firewall.
9) Does uninstalling anti-virus help? One user reported problem solved by uninstalling CA anti-virus.
Nope, didn't have any installed. Nor any difference after installing AVG.
10) Does enabling jumbo frames work? Several folks reported problem solved by enabling jumbo frames, and this also had the effect of speeding up wired transfers.
11) Are you able to try another router? A couple users reported replacing current router/switch solved the problem.
Will try to pick up a new router this week. But if it doesn't work. I'd really like some help here. And I am out of work, so I can't justify $75 for a tech support call that is probably not going to resolve my problem.