Transmission add-on thread before MAY 2K10

Please post questions about add-ons for legacy ReadyNAS devices here.

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

Postby Jonavin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:56 pm

btaroli wrote:Do an "ls -l" on the settings.json file. I wonder if it's possible that the server can read it but not write to it? :)

Thanks that was the problem. My settings.json file had root/admin as the owner/group and only write permissions to the owner. I couldn't figure a way to change it without enabling root access on my ReadyNAS, so I copied the stats.json file (which had the proper permisisons) and just edit it and rename it to be settings.json. After restarting Transmission, the password is now hashed.
Jonavin
ReadyNAS User

ReadyNAS: Pro

Postby rccoleman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:23 pm

I love the addon and I'm using it all the time. I usually have my upload rate set to "unlimited" so that it goes full blast while I'm not home, but I throttle it back when I'm using the connection for other things. I like the fact that I can connect to the web interface using my iPhone, but the throttling dropdown seems to be conspicuously missing from the web interface there. It's an almost perfect replica of what I see on the desktop (minus the "inspector" button), but I'd really like to be able to limit/unlimit my upload/download rate from the iPhone. I'm going to the same address and port, so I assume that it sees that I'm on an iPhone and adjusts the page accordingly. If I can't get to the dropdown in "iPhone" mode, I'd at least like to be able to view the page as a normal, desktop browser would.

Am I missing something? Anything I can do?

I suspect that this wouldn't be an issue if Apple had let the Transmission iPhone app into the App Store...

Thanks,
Rob
rccoleman
ReadyNAS User

Postby btaroli » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Actually, there is a bug posted for this very thing already... more generally, the ability to access the sprocket menu from the iPhone interface. This is reportedly "easy" and a developer was assigned to it recently -- got an email notification. No ETA, though. But it's out there and assigned.
btaroli
Advanced ReadyNAS Expert

ReadyNAS: RN516

Postby RWright » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Mechanix wrote:
super-poussin wrote:
Mechanix wrote:Hi,

is there a way to get transmission-remote-gui working with the newest transmission add-on?
I´m getting only "Connection reset by peer" message when connecting with transmission-remote-gui 1.1

THX

try http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/

Thx for your reply. This version doesn´t work either :(.
The webinterface is working, though.

I'm running Transmission 1.72 with Tramsmission Remote DotNet 3.9 and they work Ok.
RWright
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Postby super-poussin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:36 am

btaroli wrote:Actually, there is a bug posted for this very thing already... more generally, the ability to access the sprocket menu from the iPhone interface. This is reportedly "easy" and a developer was assigned to it recently -- got an email notification. No ETA, though. But it's out there and assigned.

for a better iphone interface you can try :

for sparc

for x86
If you like my add-ons - Si vous aimez mes add-ons :
EN/US:Image --- -------- FR: Image or Paypal @mail: readynas@orange.fr
Where I'm teaching
4B Perros
super-poussin
ReadyNAS Add-ons Expert

Postby rccoleman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:35 pm

super-poussin wrote:
btaroli wrote:Actually, there is a bug posted for this very thing already... more generally, the ability to access the sprocket menu from the iPhone interface. This is reportedly "easy" and a developer was assigned to it recently -- got an email notification. No ETA, though. But it's out there and assigned.

for a better iphone interface you can try :

for sparc

for x86

Wow, you're fast! Thanks! Will check it out when I get home.

Rob
rccoleman
ReadyNAS User

Postby Trial_Master » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Guys I'm buying a NV+ next week and am confused on the Bit Torrent client options. From what I read the default BT client doesn't include Scheduling or Bandwidth Throttling. Am I right there?

So I'm looking at a BT client that does have these features and I found Transmission. Two things I need clarification on, does the light version include Scheduling or Bandwidth Throttling, if not where do you download the full version I can only find links to Lite version. Second question. Is there an install and user manual for dummies to operate Transmission? I'm buying the ReadyNAS cause I have no strengths in Linux and script files etc....
Trial_Master
ReadyNAS Expert

ReadyNAS: NVX

Postby super-poussin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:44 am

light support this features
Where I'm teaching
4B Perros
super-poussin
ReadyNAS Add-ons Expert

Postby super-poussin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:09 am

less memory usage
better torrent management
new dht

for sparc

for x86
Last edited by super-poussin on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where I'm teaching
4B Perros
super-poussin
ReadyNAS Add-ons Expert

Postby interpolator » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:00 pm

I am fairly new to Transmission and intalled 1.71 lite version on my ReadyNas Pro. I am trying to figure out how to create a torrent file for uploading to a private tracker using Transmission 1.71. Is there another addon or script that is needed to create torrent files with Transmission 1.71 lite on the Readynas and where would I find them? thank
interpolator
ReadyNAS Newbie

Postby dashyt2dafulliz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 am

made a thread got no answer, hoping to get an answer here.

I can't never seem to find this, is this an option to change in the settings.json ?
I would like to limit how much time a object is seeded for when it finishes downloading. :)

I recall editing the .json file somewhere but I can't remember what and when i did, it didn't work. :(
dashyt2dafulliz
ReadyNAS User

Postby super-poussin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:57 am

dashyt2dafulliz wrote:made a thread got no answer, hoping to get an answer here.

I can't never seem to find this, is this an option to change in the settings.json ?
I would like to limit how much time a object is seeded for when it finishes downloading. :)

I recall editing the .json file somewhere but I can't remember what and when i did, it didn't work. :(

it's not a matter of time but a matter of ration in a P2P network, so you can setup a ration limit in settings.json

see scheduling in : http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles

as explain in the add-on notice , the settings.json file is in /addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon
Where I'm teaching
4B Perros
super-poussin
ReadyNAS Add-ons Expert

Postby dashyt2dafulliz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:50 pm

super-poussin wrote:
dashyt2dafulliz wrote:made a thread got no answer, hoping to get an answer here.

it's not a matter of time but a matter of ration in a P2P network, so you can setup a ration limit in settings.json

see scheduling in : http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles

as explain in the add-on notice , the settings.json file is in /addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon

ahhh nice! thank you sir for this.

I'm curious for the ratio value, does it have to be full ratios (ie. 1.0 or 2.0) or can be be partials (ie. .50 or .25)
dashyt2dafulliz
ReadyNAS User

Postby super-poussin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 am

as requested

release with open button = download from url for iphone

for sparc

for x86
Last edited by super-poussin on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where I'm teaching
4B Perros
super-poussin
ReadyNAS Add-ons Expert

Postby btaroli » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 am

super-poussin wrote:release with open button = download from url for iphone

So... if we can point it at a URL for the torrent then this will work directly from the iphone? kewl!
btaroli
Advanced ReadyNAS Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion on ReadyNAS Add-ons for Legacy ReadyNAS