So does anyone know definitively, what is the last known good working version of utorrent that does not require the libc update? The links for older addons at the top of this thread are dead. I did find some debian packages someone made, which aren't addons, but at least they would setup init.d, etc.
Here is what I have found so far:
- utorrent_2.2.01.bin -Super's addon, which is some newer release of utorrent, but doesn't seem to work with old libc
- utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar - more new release from somewhere, maybe from utorrent site. Doesn't work
- utorrent-server-3.0-22789.tar - From Super, this was on communityaddons forum, under a GPL topic he created. Its older and its not an addon, its just a runnable, but it works.
- utorrent-server_3.0-25053_i386.deb - someone packaged this up to install init.d, etc. libc problem
- utorrent-server_3.0-24118_i386.deb - someone package this up to install init.c, etc. I haven't tried it.
So am currently using the 22789 version that I got from Super's GPL forum post. its quite old. But it does work. I'm also using the latest webui update I got from utorrent's site and so far seems to work with this old utorrent binary.
Looks like 25053 does not work due to libc.
I tried the 24118 release and it seems to work, but its not an addon, just a dpkg install. You can get it here: http://www.sitedesign.hu/utorrent/
That must be the newest release of utorrent I can find that will run with old libc. If anyone knows a newer one. please advise.
The older addons from super do not appear to be available anymore. I would be happy to have 22789 in addon form, since I know it works. Anyone know where it can be found, or what is the last known good version of utorrent before it started requiring the new libc? Actually if I can find that last known good version, I will try to make the addon myself.