wierd bug with ReadyNAS Photos media directory structure?

Support forum for ReadyNAS Photos. What is ReadyNAS Photos? NOTE: This product is End of Life.

wierd bug with ReadyNAS Photos media directory structure?

Postby tornado » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi All,

Just started playing with readynas photos, and come across a couple of weird things :-

1) whenever I share an album and send details to people they always see "The user is offline right now. Please come back later to view the photos shared to you. "

How does this exactly work, does this page direct the user to the NAS share somehow?

2) After enabling this service it has done some weird things to my directory structure in media share.

I have now have 2.16GB of data, 1855 files and 304 folders!!!. It seems that the 4 directories keep getting copied into the subdirectories with the same files, for example

I now have

\\x.x.x.x\media\media\media\media\media\media\media\media\media\media\media\media\media

and see media, Music, Pictures, Videos with exact same files as \\x.x.x.x\media.

I have stopped/started ReadyNAS photos so not sure if this has confused it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have loads of photos and would really like to use this service.

Thanks

Tornado.
tornado
ReadyNAS Newbie

Re: wierd bug with ReadyNAS Photos media directory structure?

Postby yoh-dah » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 am

Please update to ReadyNAS Photos addon v1.4. This should get rid of the nested media folders.
yoh-dah
Jedi Council Alumni

ReadyNAS: Pro

Return to ReadyNAS Photos