No ReadyNAS device found (from ReadyNAS photos page)

Support forum for ReadyNAS Photos. What is ReadyNAS Photos? NOTE: This product is End of Life.

No ReadyNAS device found (from ReadyNAS photos page)

Postby michaelhein » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm probably doing something wrong.....but I'm unable to access my ReadyNAS from outside my home lan. I get the error message, "No ReadyNAS device found", and I'm unable to "Connect to ReadyNAS" when I specify the correct ip, user/pw. I'm successfully able to access frontview over https, and my webdav access to my webfolder is working flawlessly as well. Is there any way of telling whether my ReadyNAS has "registered" properly with the readynasphotos.com site? (Wild *** guess of how this works) I'm running with the latest, and I have installed/re-installed/rebooted/deleted media folder/recreated media folder to no avail. The last part of my MAC address is BB:B1.

From my log:
Wed Apr 2 11:09:31 PDT 2008 System is up.
Wed Apr 2 11:07:42 PDT 2008 Rebooting device
Wed Apr 2 11:07:41 PDT 2008 Please close this browser session and use RAIDar to reconnect to the device. System rebooting...
Wed Apr 2 10:23:49 PDT 2008 Successfully installed ReadyNAS Photos 1.4 addon.

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?
michaelhein
ReadyNAS Newbie

Re: No ReadyNAS device found (from ReadyNAS photos page)

Postby logray » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:07 am

Nope you are not doing anything wrong, Currently ReadyNAS Photos works in the home lan environment. The address you specify is the internal home IP address of ReadyNAS not the Router external IP address.
logray
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Postby michaelhein » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Thanks logray.....so just to reconfirm my understanding.....the processing of adding photos has to be done on the home lan.....but the sharing with folks outside of the home lan via the readynasphotos.com (and accessing the readynas inside the home lan) site will still work right?
michaelhein
ReadyNAS Newbie

Postby logray » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:34 pm

yep, use the high speed home LAN to create albums/move photos from PC to ReadyNAS, and use email to invite friends to see the pictures over internet/browser. Your ReadyNAS has to be On though for them to view the albums.
logray
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Return to ReadyNAS Photos