Duo - blue light keeps on blinking slowly but not full boot

Please post question and issues pertaining to ReadyNAS booting here.

Duo - blue light keeps on blinking slowly but not full boot

Postby Darwinian » Mon May 03, 2010 4:39 am

Hi,

Few hours ago I've updated Transmission 1.92 to 1.93b04 via local. Once the update is done I was unable to restart Transmission so I restart Duo via web interface.

It seemed booting up normally with green Activity light blinking along with blue LED. Normally, the blue LED should stop but it keeps on blinking slowly and no Activity light and both Disk 1 & 2 green lights stay lit.

I manually shut down for a second time by keep holding a power button, released it and it shut down. Wait for a minute and turn it on again. But the symptom remain the same - blue LED keeps on blinking slowly, no activity light and both Disk 1 & 2 LED's are lit steady. Fan is woking fine.

I can't access to Frontview web interface whatsoever. Once time I got to the Frontview but it showed no data and the upper right hand says "ReadyNas null."

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Darwin
2.53GHz Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.5, ReadyNas Duo (X-RAID), RAIDiator 4.1.7, Transmission 2.11 Light
Darwinian
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Re: Duo - blue light keeps on blinking slowly but not full b

Postby mdgm » Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 am

Darwinian wrote:I can't access to Frontview web interface whatsoever. Once time I got to the Frontview but it showed no data and the upper right hand says "ReadyNas null."

Sounds like your memory is full. I've had problems accessing Frontview when running backups with the ReadyNas null message for example (Firefox worked fine for me).

Do you have SSH access set up?

If so and you can get in, what's the output of the following?:
Code: Select all
cat /proc/meminfo

If you have SSH access and want to uninstall the Transmission add-on, take a look at this: Uninstall Add-On via SSH Console
Useful links: My ReadyNAS Gear|FAQ|Hardware Compatibility List|Docs: Setup Guide, Manual|Downloads|Unofficial Tips|GPL|MDGM on Twitter|MDGM's Unofficial Guides
NB: A ReadyNas is not an excuse not to have a backup. Fire, theft, multiple disk failures, other hardware failure, floods, user negligence etc. can all result in loss of data.
How we users can contact NETGEAR Technical Support | Australia: 1300 361 254 / Other Numbers|Online Submission
Unofficial Guide for Moving from Sparc ReadyNAS to x86 ReadyNAS|Using Gmail with the ReadyNAS|XRAID Volume Size Calculator
If you have found my website or help very useful, please consider a donation in USD or AUD
mdgm
ReadyNAS Enthusiast

ReadyNAS: RN516

Postby Darwinian » Mon May 03, 2010 5:49 am

Thanks mdgm. Luckily I didn't have to deal with SSH. I am not technical.

What I did the second time was manually shut it down. Unplugged it for a couple minutes. Turned it back on and everything went back to normal. Hope I didn't speak too soon. Peww....
2.53GHz Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.5, ReadyNas Duo (X-RAID), RAIDiator 4.1.7, Transmission 2.11 Light
Darwinian
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Postby mdgm » Mon May 03, 2010 5:53 am

Glad that the reboot worked. Should've suggested that. Too often I think it as something obvious that people would've already tried.

Another thing I could've mentioned is that if you have problems with an add-on, sometimes a firmware re-install can help (this will re-install the ReadyNas OS, leaving the data intact). Keep this in mind for future reference.
Useful links: My ReadyNAS Gear|FAQ|Hardware Compatibility List|Docs: Setup Guide, Manual|Downloads|Unofficial Tips|GPL|MDGM on Twitter|MDGM's Unofficial Guides
NB: A ReadyNas is not an excuse not to have a backup. Fire, theft, multiple disk failures, other hardware failure, floods, user negligence etc. can all result in loss of data.
How we users can contact NETGEAR Technical Support | Australia: 1300 361 254 / Other Numbers|Online Submission
Unofficial Guide for Moving from Sparc ReadyNAS to x86 ReadyNAS|Using Gmail with the ReadyNAS|XRAID Volume Size Calculator
If you have found my website or help very useful, please consider a donation in USD or AUD
mdgm
ReadyNAS Enthusiast

ReadyNAS: RN516

Return to Boot