Certificate Error

Please post questions that doesn't fall into the above categories here.

Certificate Error

Postby larsgj » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:23 am

Hi

When I log on my ReadyNAS NV+ with https://192.168.1.5/admin my Internet Explorer says "There is a problem with this website's security certificate". When I then choose continue I get into the NV+ - everything works fine, no problem.

However, it annoys me that there shoudl be a certificate problem.

When I view the certificate in IE7 it is apparently issued to 192.168.2.102. Very strange. I hgave given my NV+ the fix IP 192.168.1.5 - I don't have any hardware in the network as 198.162.2.x

Even if I choose to install the certificate it doesn't solve the problem.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Kind rgds
Lars
larsgj
ReadyNAS Newbie

Postby Dooku » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:34 pm

You can try renewing the certificate in the FronView options.
Dooku
Jedi Council Alumni

ReadyNAS: Duo

Postby ebaggen » Tue May 01, 2007 12:58 am

I think the certificate is assigned at first boot ... this means the system had been running at 192.168.2.102 before. Even if the IP is right, you WILL get a warning since the root can't be trusted (self signed). Try "import certificate" after you view it ... then the warning shouldn't be displayed again.
ebaggen
ReadyNAS User

ReadyNAS: NV

Re: Certificate Error

Postby Marvellus » Mon May 04, 2009 5:25 am

Hi Lars,
Yes, this is possibly a common problem. I located one of my PCs which doesn't have this problem in IE. Then I went to to Tools->Internet Options->Content->Certificates->Trusted Root Certification Authorities and selected the certificate issued by the ReadyNAS which in my case was the IP 192.168.1.2 You will find this listed under "Issued to" and "Issued by".
Export the certificate and follow the on screen prompts defaults. Once completed, you can then re-use the certificates on all your PC in IE. Firefox doesn't have this problem.
Otherwise, follow Jedi's instructions and get the ReadyNAS to re-issue a new certificate and then use mine above to re-use that certificate on all your PCs.
Hope this helps.
Marvellus
Advanced ReadyNAS User

ReadyNAS: Pro

Return to General Questions (English)