How do I re-install the firmware?
You can force a re-installation of the firmware from flash to the disk. This is helpful if you have lost your admin password and want to set it back to default, if errors in your network settings has made it impossible to connect to the ReadyNAS, or if you suspect that the operating system on your disk may somehow be corrupt. The firmware re-installation process will not touch your data volume.
Here are the steps:
1. Power down the ReadyNAS.
2. Locate the reset pinhole.
- a. ReadyNAS 600/X6: the pinhole is on the back in the lower left corner.
- b. ReadyNAS 1000S/1100: the pinhole is in the front.
- c. ReadyNAS NV/NV+/Duo: the pinhole is next to the USB port in the back.
3. Get a straightened paper clip and depress the hidden switch in the pinhole while the power is off, and then power on the ReadyNAS, keeping the switch depressed for about 5 secs.
4. You will see the drive LEDs in the front blink once. Release the switch at immediately. Do not wait for the 2nd blink which will cause the ReadyNAS to reset itself to factory default and wiping out your data. If you see the LED flash a 2nd time, turn off the power immediately from the back.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests