1. Click Start, right click on Computer and choose “Manage”.
2. Click “Task Scheduler” on the left panel.
3. Click “Create Task” on the right panel.
4. Type "RNRStartTask" as the name for the task.
5. Check “Run with highest privileges”.
6. Change the "Configure For:" menu to reflect the operating system you are running
7. Click Actions tab.
8. Click “New…”.
9. Browse to the program in the “Program/script” box. Click OK. You should end up with something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR ReadyNAS\Remote\bin\ReadyNASRemote.exe" and you will need the quotes on this occasion since there are spaces in the folder name
10. Click "Conditions" tab
11. Disable "Start the task only if the computer is on AC power"
12. Click "Setting" tab
13. Disable "Stop the task if it runs longer than."
14. Click the "OK" button to create the task
Now we will change the program to be run at startup so that the task we just created is run instead of running ReadyNASRemote directly.
15. Open Regedit.
16. Find the entry of the "ReadyNAS Remote" startup item in Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
17. Double-click on the correct key, change the path to "schtasks.exe /run /tn RNRStartTask"
mungojam wrote:Does it include the system tray icon, or do you just navigate to the share directly in explorer?
mungojam wrote:I'm hoping the trick will work if I am not an administrator.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests