ReadyNAS DLNA subtitles on LG 37le5510

(Replaces the existing UPnP-AV server support) Enables playback of videos, music and pictures from DLNA/UPnP AV network media players. Also adds TiVo HMO support.

ReadyNAS DLNA subtitles on LG 37le5510

Postby Lintel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:10 am

I have just purchased this TV and can't get the subtitles to show via readynas dlna. If I take the same avi file and srt file and use Nero MediaHome 4 which came with the TV I am able to select and see the subtitles. I also have a Sony BDP-S370 wich can't see the subs as standard but converting the file to Xsubs it can now see them. This didn't work for the LG.
Does any one know how to get the ready nas to work with the TV or know how Nero is doing it?
Lintel
ReadyNAS Newbie

ReadyNAS: Duo

Re: ReadyNAS DLNA subtitles on LG 37le5510

Postby sphardy » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:02 am

FYI: Subtitles are not part of the DLNA specification so there's no standardised way to do this.

Therefore you will need to double check what your TV accepts in terms of subtitle formats to see if ReadyDLNA can support this or not. (ReadyDLNA appears to exceed the DLNA spec's in terms of formats supported so there's a good possibility). This is also likely why your blueray player works with Xsubs and the TV does not.

NAS: Ultra-4, NV+ & Duo v2 :: ST31500341AS & HDS723020BLA642 Drives
Network: Netgear GS108Tv2 / DM111P :: Airport Extreme / Express & Time Capsule
Clients: OS X 10.6 - 10.8 :: Ubuntu 11.x :: Win 7 + SP#1
UPS: APC ES-550

sphardy
ReadyNAS Junkie

ReadyNAS: Ultra

Return to ReadyDLNA