What should I expect ReadyTivo to do?

(Replaces the existing UPnP-AV server support) Enables playback of videos, music and pictures from DLNA/UPnP AV network media players. Also adds TiVo HMO support.

What should I expect ReadyTivo to do?

Postby mathewbeall » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:37 am

Hi Folks,

I am trying to understand the functionality of ReadyTivo. I had some initial problems with it archiving all my shows all the time, but I updated to ReadyTivo 1.3.6 and that all seems to be good now (no more table insert errors).

However - I have shows on my Tivo which I have "deleted" and no longer show up on my Tivo, but are still archived on my ReadyNas. I assume the idea is that when I delete it off of my Tivo it should be deleted off of my ReadyNAS, right?

Thanks,

Matt
mathewbeall
ReadyNAS User

ReadyNAS: Pro

Re: What should I expect ReadyTivo to do?

Postby mdgm » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:58 am

But you have far more space on the NAS than on the TiVo. So you may delete a recording off the TiVo but still want to be able to stream it from the NAS. ReadyTiVO will archive any recordings marked Keep Until I Delete. I would think if you want to delete it from both, you'd need to delete it separately on both.
mdgm
NETGEAR ReadyNAS Technical Expert

ReadyNAS: RN516

Postby mathewbeall » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:02 am

Is that the intent? I look at it as a backup in case my Tivo hard drive crashes - which has occurred before. Having to manually manage it is slightly annoying, but I guess if that is the intent and there is no option to change the behavior I am stuck...

Matt
mathewbeall
ReadyNAS User

ReadyNAS: Pro

Postby mdgm » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:09 am

mdgm
NETGEAR ReadyNAS Technical Expert

ReadyNAS: RN516

Return to ReadyDLNA