Please treat me as a non-tech in this!!
I am updating the drives in my Duo from 1.5 to 2.0tb. I have read through the posts about 4k sectors e.t.c and the need to update to RAIDiator 4.1.7
So I have followed these great instructions to the word - from this post viewtopic.php?f=65&t=51066
Be sure to choose disks from the HCL. - Done, used Seagate st2000dl003
I'd suggest you do the following:
1. Backup all data (put one of the new 2TB drives in an enclosure an backup to this).
Done - used frontview copied c: to USB drive
2. Verify backup is good
Didn't know the best way to verify so wizzed through the backup log and checked that stuff appeared to be there.
3. Upgrade to the latest RAIDiator (currently 4.1.7: http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_4_1_7_Notes) if you haven't already
4. Do a System > Config Backup
5. Power down, remove the 500GB disk. You can put this drive back in the NAS later if you need to.
Done - but with both 1.5tb drives (one of them was faulty hence the upgrade)
6. Put the other 2TB disk (not the one from the USB enclosure) in the NAS.
7. Factory default: faq.php#How_do_I_reset_the_ReadyNAS_to_factory_default%3F
8. Restore Config Backup
9. Restore data from backup
ISSUE - Having searched for ever to find out how to do this I tried to use Frontview again. So I entered USB drive xxx (the one plugged into the back of the DUO as the source, and was expecting to see c: as an option in the target but thats not an option. I only see the individual folders like Media, Photos, Backup e.t.c.
SO - How do i restore?? Please help.
Thanks in advance - Steve