I've been working far too long trying to fix this, but wanted to say what worked for me. Since there are so many different threads about the same issue, I wanted to begin a new one. If this works (or if it doesn't), it might be helpful to post here and let others know.
If it works, credit doesn't go to me, but rather to jmaver who figured it out in a post two years ago. THIS SHOULD BE A SPECIFIC ITEM IN THE FAQ (or in the troubleshooting guide) if it works en masse...
1) Frontview -> Services -> Installed Add-ons -> ReadyNAS Remote
2) Log out of ReadyNAS Remote if logged in (this may not be necessary, but it is what I did, in case I needed to re-register my access)
2) Uncheck ReadyNAS Remote, then Save
3) Check ReadyNAS Remote, then Save
4) Verify a green light, then log in to ReadyNAS Remote and try connecting
The big hint to me was that the quiet little green light on the ReadyNAS add-on was actually OUT. Unchecking, saving and rechecking the add-on turned it on. My only regret was that I had to wait until I traveled back home from a trip to straighten this one out.
NV+ 4475 (4 x 750, 256 MB) purchased 9-25-08