I wonder how you got apcupsd to work in Debian Etch.
Am I right assuming that you
- used APC's PCNET protocol for easy communication between the UPS and the ReadyNAS?
- therefor had to use apcupsd version 3.14.x (earlier versions had no PCNET support)?
- therefor had a problem installing this Debian 5 Package under ReadyNASes Debian 4 environment?
- Did you employ the PCNET protocol or something else?
- What version of apcupsd did you install?
- What magic did you apply to get his to work?
I would be very happy to let our Ready NASes communicate via PCNET with our ups, just as all the servers do.
Right I know I was only able to install apcupsd version 3.12 on the Pro and haven't tried it on the NV+ yet
Looking forward to understand how you technically solved this task.
TIA and best regards, Moglie