I just switched from the native BT client to Transmission and are experiencing some problems.
Here are my steps:
- Stopped native BT client
- Installed Transmission and updated it from frontview to 2.50.2
- Moved old incomplete (/c/.bittorrent/) to new incomplete folder (/media/BitTorrent/Incomplete/)
- Added torrent files for those incomplete via Transmission interface, but didnt start them
- Verified all torrents by using the right mouse click menu
- Started all torrents, and waited. A few were quick to continue where they left off
- However, those incomplete torrents that hadnt created a folder yet are giving me an error. "Permission denied (/c/media/BitTorrent/<torrentFolderName>)"
I have seen this should be fixable by changing the entire media share user to "nobody" and group to "nogroup", but I aint gonna do that. This is because Transmission runs using nobody/nogroup. However the newly created folders by the addon, "Incomplete" and "Sources", have root/root rights.
So instead I just changed the "/media/BitTorrent/" folder to nobody/nogroup and now I get a new error.
Note: Removing the torrent and re-adding it doesnt help, so either changing the rights of just the main folder isnt enough or something more needs changing.
This new error is:
No data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it.
Where is the option to "Set Location" ?
I would like Transmission to run under my current share permissions (media/users), but how do I make that change ?
: ReadyNAS NV (256MB) :: X-RAID with 4x WD RE2-GP WD1000FYPS (1TB) :: RAIDiator 4.1.6 [1.00a043]Add-ons
: Enhance NV Thermal Characteristics v1.1
, BitTorrent v1.3, EnableRootSSH v1.0, PHP v1.1
, FtpWho v1.5
, VIRTUALSHARE v1.0
, ReadyNAS RemoteNAS2
: ReadyNAS Pro Business (1024MB) :: X-RAID2(ext4) with 3x Seagate ST31000340NS (1TB) & 3x WD RE4-GP WD2002FYPS (2TB - F/W 04.05G05) :: RAIDiator 4.2.23Add-ons
: BitTorrent v1.3, EnableRootSSH v1.0, ReadyNAS RemoteRouter
: D-Link DIR-855, H/W A2, F/W v1.23WW