I have an NV+ v2 with 3 terrabyte hard drives (four). I purchased the V1 originally and discovered it will not handle 3 terrabyte drives (bought the wrong one).
I am still trying to get the system up and running after a few days. If I had left it in the v1 with 750gb partitions, I was up in a few hours...
1) the paper clip thing to boot into factory default is a real waste of time! Why not just have a boot menu that you can access with buttons, and default it into normal boot????? then perhaps have a challenge response of some kind with the buttons. AND, why not have a factory "reset" that works from the raidar utility, regardless of the boot status? If ease of use is your goal, you really missed the mark here...
2) I put three drives into the v2 machine that were in the v1 machine, and a new "clean" fourth drive. When I booted into factory default mode, it downloaded the firmware, and went back to "corrupt partition" error, and would not go forward. I tried this three times. Factory reset does not work with used drives. Your user manual says it will re-format used drives when booted into factory defaults, but it does not work. ultimately booted and set up the single "clean" drive and then added the others. According to the manual, this should work. But based on the factory re-boot experience, I am not sure.
3) The 5.3.4 radiator interface throws lots of errors until everything is set up properly. the error messages do not tell you what is happening. The main one is that you need to have a user identifed in the system (not the admin login). Without a user, the shares menu option and the browse menu option will throw an error on everything. Yet the error does not tell you what is wrong.
4) moving from v1 to v2 machines, it looks like the v2 machine cannot join a domain. Is that correct? not being able to join the machine to a windows domain is a real downer...
5) The v1 interface lets you set up a time server synch, and automatically used my local server when I joined it to the domain. The V2 does not seem to have this option at all
6) I started the synch about 6 hours ago, and the v2 interface gives me no indicator as to the status of synching the four drives. the V1 software did at least let me know it was working, even if the time counter was way off. The volumes menu item is empty, and I have no idea if it is actually working. The log says it is working on one drive, but no indication if it is really going, or just a start time in the log.
7) The graphical interface is "cool" and "slick", but you don't give me anything i can really use. The amount of information is lacking. it needs lots of work.
I like the device concept, and hope it will be an economical solution to my storage needs.